Hi everyone and happy summer! I love this time of year with new growth, sun and warmer temperatures. I get recharged and on the lookout for new teas and new accessories. I traveled to Chicago in March to an International Home and Housewares Show and to Las Vegas in June to The World Tea Expo. I’ve found new products and new teas.
- Lemon White is a white tea with a lovely sweetness and exquisite lemon notes
- Honey Formosa is a black tea from Taiwan with floral notes and a hint of honey with malty aroma
- Yorkshire Harrogate is an English Favorite that has a rich fullness and flavor with a light astringent cup that becomes golden bright with milk
- Cream Irish Breakfast is an English Favorite with creamy caramel highlighting a full-bodied tea. Milk accentuates the golden cup
- Lemon Raspberry White is a terrific white tea with a refreshing flavor. Awesome iced!!
- Tumeric Truffle is an organic black tea that is slightly spicy and sweet with Chocolate notes
- Tumeric Comfort is an organic herbal infusion that is caffeine free, slightly spicy and soothing
- Purple Corn Black tea is a robust combination of 3 quality black teas (2 are Organic) and Purple Corn. Purple Corn is Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan and comes from Peru. Purple Corn is believed to improve circulation, help with weight loss and diabetes, lower blood pressure and reduce risk of cardiovascular disease. It is a natural source of antioxidants (more than blueberries and acai combined!)
For those of you who like to drink out of a glass Mason jar, I found an infuser that fits on a regular (not wide mouth) Mason jar for steeping tea and an accessory drinking lid attachment that allows you to take your iced tea with you. It is so cool!! I love mine!!
High quality and handmade in Germany, Paradox timers have just been introduced in the USA and I am so happy to offer them at TeaLeafs. The “TEA timer” has markings for 1-2 minutes, 2-3 minutes and 3-5 minutes for all tea types. The “Soul” timer is a 3-4 minute timer that is both functional and beautiful to look at. I’m thinking hostess gift, stocking stuffers etc.
As many of you know, I always try new products before I introduce them at TeaLeafs. If I don’t like it, you won’t find it here. The Tea Totaler is a great new Travel Mug that has a lid, cup, one infuser and a storage compartment. The storage compartment stores your infuser after each use and allows you to store additional tea or tea bags for your next cup of tea. What a great idea!!! Another item I wished I had thought of!
One of the most popular gift items TeaLeafs carries is the Handwarmer Mugs. Because of their popularity, they go very quickly. I was able to order a few dozen and I have more on the way. If you are thinking ahead to the Holiday Season, let me know if you are interested. I will do my best to accommodate but it will be on a first come basis.
I know I have mentioned in the past the Cool Id glasses and tumblers. They are perfect for this time of year and for keeping your tea and drinks cold. I also have several sizes of Cool Id serving bowls. What a great way to keep your salads chilled while entertaining during the hot summer days.
Customers are always asking for “local honey”. I came across a great company whose honey comes from the Finger Lakes. HoneyGramz is sold in little honey bear bottles with different sayings on them. I can also custom order sayings for your special event.
Buying socially responsible products benefits the world. People who make products thinking of their own safety end up creating goods for all of us. Socially responsible products are a case of ‘What goes around, comes around’ in a really great way! Fibres of Life is one such company. Their tea cozies are made of felted wool and have an amazing insulation property. Knit travel mug cozies add a lovely extra boost of warmth and a beautiful finish to your favorite travel mug. Azo free dyes and environmentally conscious post production management of dyes is used. A living wage and social-economic benefits for the artisans Fibres of Life partner with along with 1% of what I pay is allocated to an organization fighting child labor in India. I am proud to offer quality items from a caring and top notch company.
When I was in Chicago, I came across a “Tea Magnet and Infuser”. This clever and whimsical item makes infusing your full leaf tea fun and easy. Detach the infuser from the magnetic stem, place your favorite tea in the infuser, drop in your brewing cup and let steep. When your tea is ready, put the magnetic stem on the infuser and lift. So easy and no mess!!!!
This is a very popular time of year for weddings and TeaLeafs has “Mr”, “Mrs” and “Heart” mugs. Sleek and pretty for the special couple.
Well, I could keep on going but I don’t want to ramble on any longer! I look forward to your visit and having you check out all of the new teas and products available. Some of them are on my website. Others I like to keep special for your visit.
As always, thank you for your friendship and support. I wouldn’t be here without you. Remember, there is free shipping on all orders of $75 and above with a few exceptions. Please “Follow” TeaLeafs on Facebook and “Like” TeaLeafs page. You can also go to www.tealeafswny.com for additional information.
Till the next time, stay safe and continue to drink great tea.
With Warm regards,