Fall is here and we’re quickly heading towards winter. It was a trying summer with the construction on Main Street in Williamsville prompting me to close TeaLeafs Monday’s, Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s during much of that time. I want to thank you for your continued support while fighting the traffic on Main. I had anticipated resuming store hours in August but, unfortunately, I broke my foot while on a shopping trip for TeaLeafs. Somehow, I still managed to buy lots of new items 😉
Hopefully your fall/ winter transition is going smoothly and you had a wonderful summer to remember.
A lot of tea tasting has been going on and some delicious teas have been added to TeaLeafs Wall of Teas.
• Iccha Kariban is a Green Tea with dark green steamed leaves that produce a cup that is soft, floral and very fragrant. It is a first flush with no astringency
• Lavender Jasmine is a Green Tea that makes you think you’re sipping a great Jasmine tea while in a field of Lavender
• Cucumber Lime is an Oolong that is smooth and sweet with a sweet tartness from the lime
• Ceylon Organic Black is a classic Ceylon with light liquoring and hints of delicate floral notes
• Raspberry Blueberry Organic Black is a refreshing blend of strawberries, black currants, raspberries and blueberries
• Carrot Cake is a Rooibos that has a delicate aroma and taste of carrot cake spices
• Hot Cinnamon Spice Rooibos is a delicious herbal with an unmistakable hot cinnamon spice taste
• Almond Milk is a terrific herbal with the wonderful aroma and taste of almonds
• Blueberry Violet is an herbal infusion with delicate violet nuances accompanied by fruity blueberries
• Ginger Candy is an herbal surprise with candied spicy ginger combined with dried ginger and three different types of apples that result in a light, sweet spicy tea
• Pineapple Breeze is an Herb & Fruit Infusion with a blend of various dried fruits and a zesty pineapple taste
I always post the freshly brewed sample flavors of the day on my Facebook page and the entire week of flavors are posted on my website. If you are in the neighborhood or want to take a ride to sample a flavor, we’d love to see you!
For all you honey lovers out there, I now carry Savannah Bee Whipped Chocolate Honey and Acacia Honeycomb Squares. What can I say about chocolate honey except delish! And the Honeycomb Squares are perfect when entertaining or as a hostess gift. Arrange a platter with fresh fruit, assorted cheese slices and crostini around the honeycomb. Cut a piece of honeycomb dripping with honey and place on your cheese or fruit for a delicious treat. You’ll keep coming back for more!
Cloister’s Matcha Honey, Ginger Lemon Honey and Turmeric Honey are also new. What a wonderful way to sweeten your tea or put on your toast.
We love to hear people laugh at TeaLeafs and additional natural stone coasters with new sayings are waiting for you to giggle over. They make a great hostess gift, secret Santa gift, boss’ gift or just something that fits in with your personality. Laughter is the best medicine.
While on my shopping trip, I came across a company, Swahili Imports, that sells Fair Trade African looseleaf tea that directly employs Kenyan Tea farmers. The tea is delicious and each tin comes with a hand carved wooden spoon. Purple Chocolate Tea, Purple Jasmine Tea, Purple Mint Tea, African Chai, African Breakfast and Chamomile Cleanse are available. The Purple Tea varieties are organically grown and are naturally purple. The purple leaves contain anthocyanins which are the same super antioxidants found in other purple plants like blueberries and pomegranates. Similar to green tea, purple tea is very healthy with little caffeine and a great taste. I also purchased adorable Kenyan Rhino, Hippo, Elephant and Reindeer soapstone tea light candle holders. Great cause and great products.
New Chinese Tea Sets have arrived with a Teapot, strainer and matching cups. Some sets include a wooden tray.
If you like Matcha, ceremonial drinking bowls, whisks and measuring spoons are available along with tins of Matcha Supreme.
New eco-friendly 60 hour and 80 hour Beeswax candles have a clip that extinguishes the flame when it reaches the center clip. Very different!!
Fred and Friends have added new fun tea infusers. Float Tea Pool Flamingo and Under the Tea Sea Turtle are the newest in their line and TeaLeafs is happy to have them available for you.
As always, I’m on the lookout for new teas and accessories with you in mind. You have kept TeaLeafs going for almost 10 years and I am grateful for your patronage and friendship.
Please “Follow” TeaLeafs on Facebook and “Like” TeaLeafs page. You can also go to www.tealeafswny.com for additional information.
Till the next time, stay safe, warm and continue to drink great tea.
With warm regards,